Tuesday 25 July 2017

The World is your Oyster!

With too many commitments and too little time, I nearly missed the deadline for the competition quilts submission for the Festival of Quilts this year! 

Yet, Phew! All packed and shipped today. :)

This boats quilt from Cotton & Steel is my personal toy! With simple - but effective!)) - pattern for the boats and a huuuuge negative space, the quilt gave me endless opportunities to quilt it to death!))) And so I did) Inspired and empowered by the talented longarm quilter and teacher Angela Walters! xx

The techniques I used:
Freezer paper-piecing method to make the boats
Organic free-motion quilting for negative space, i.e., no marking

Materials used:
Solid cottons mostly from Michael Miller Cotton Couture range
Prints from Art Gallery Fabrics and Liberty.
Quilters Dream Request 100% cotton wadding (very thin!)

Size: 145x145cm

This quilt is not the only quilt that will have my name on it at the Festival of Quilts this year! ;) 
Three amazingly talented quilters - Jo Avery (@mybearpaw), Jenny Haynes(@peppersaxsten) and Sheila Scott - have submitted their quilts to the FOQ where I had an honour and a priviledge to longarm quilt their beautiful quilts! 
So, overall, there will be 4 quilts from me! At the very least, I should get a recognition for the quantity, if not for the quality!!! :-)))


















30 comments:

  1. Таня, крутотень!!!! Удачи ))) Мне очень нравятся кораблики!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Нина, спасибо! Посмотрим, как они впишутся в категорию Modern Quilts :) x

      Delete
  2. божественно! и вроде бы просто, но какой потрясающий эффект!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Спасибо! Мне тоже очень нравится - стегала вслепую, можно сказать. Придумывала стежку по ходу действия.
      И все равно не уверена, что с такой орнаментной стежкой жтот квилт вписывается в категорию Современного квилта. Посмотрим, что думает жюри)

      Delete
  3. Saw your beautiful quilt in Birmingham, superb quilting and really fitted with the boats theme.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, Thank you very much for sharing your views on my work - I really appreciate that! Thank you! :) xx

      Delete
  4. Thanks for posting this! So far the best post I’ve read about quilting. I was 100% clueless about the techniques used but it’s safe to say I’m maybe only 50% clueless and improving. Cheers! Keep writing

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous and inspiring! Once again, you serve your readers a breathtaking feast for the eyes.Keep blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great overall piece of content. I’ve been reading a lot of your stuff and you consistently post value-packed content. Keep blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Insane post. Wish I could bookmark it twice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You never cease to amaze me.All the Best!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful post! AMAZING is an understatement indeed

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOAH!!! Amazing is an understatement! Thank you very much sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Never gonna get tired from the posts you are publishing! Keep on rockin’!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I always follow your posts and never get tired of reading it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jesus! This is a state-of-the-art post. How can anyone in the quilting business ever beat that? Heads up, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice post.Keep sharing. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Really nice and informative blog, keep it up buddy…Thanks for sharing./
    Photo Editing Services

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely post, I enjoyed reading it. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your blog. Thanks for sharing! Looking forward for more.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Definitely love your blog, following now. Looking forward for more.

    ReplyDelete